Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

apHUB is currently only available for registered beta-testers.
If you are interested in participating in the beta-program, please leave a message in the "Why do you want to join?" field on the registration page.
Please create a new discussion (red button to the left) for your new bug report and do not post it as a comment to an existing bug report.

What is apHUB?

apHUB is a suite of Applescripts, that transform Aperture into your central hub for storing your images and sending their master (RAW or JPEG) with a single keystroke to other image editors (currently Capture One, DxO OpticsPro in development) and getting them back with full behind-the-scenes handling of the external settings and mask files. Thus the whole process is non-destructive.
With the combination of apHUB, Aperture and Capture One and/or DxO OpticsPro you have an integrated Photo management and editing suite that is far superior to any currently existing single Photo management application!

Head over to the videos category and watch the other videos!

SideCar Files

I looked in the notes for aphub and saw that capture one has some issues with sidecar files.  I believe that I have ran across one that I hope helps out when working towards sidecar integration.
 Using a 3rd party product, I marked geo locations and other keyword information with it.  I have the app set up to
    write to the sidecar file for RAW files
 Import the file into aperture and the keywords and mapping data shows up fine
 Run the script to send the data to capture one for edits and perform the edits
 Run the script to send the file from capture one back to aperture as a new version.  Edited file shows in aperture but the blue flags/tags and such are not there on the new version in aperture.   Also the the file is not removed from capture one.
  If I use the 3rd party product and have it write to the information to the photo directly I don't have the issue with the RAW file.  When it "comes back" from capture one, the tagging and flagging are all there and the file is removed from the capture one session.  

TC

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Not sure we talk about the same thing.

In a normal workflow apHUB doesn't read or write any xmp sidecar files. And frankly I don't see much sense in exchanging metadata via xmp sidecar files in a typical apHUB roundtrip. I don't do rating, flagging, tagging, organizing in C1. The point in using apHUB is to do this in Aperture and use C1 just for editing. All metadata you've applied to your RAW in Aperture is preserved in an apHUB roundtrip (actually copied to the returned picture). That means you should add all your metadata to the RAW first before you start roundtripping with apHUB.

The xmp sidecar file issue I'm talking in the notes is with the new Export Aperture to C1 (DxO) script. Only that creates xmp sidecar files to be read by C1. The script is mainly for bringing over all your pictures with edits and metadata into C1 and stop using Aperture at all. So no need to read metadata back into Aperture.

Funnily transfer of metadata into C1 works already for images with tons of metadata but breaks with images with little metadata. Reason is, I was overly aggressive with stripping empty XML tags and C1 insists in some of them, even if they contain no data, and otherwise doesn't read the sidecar file at all, weird. Will be fixed in the next version.

Btw. xmp sidecar files have to be individually crafted for a single task, i.e. Aperture to C1. And they are one way only. I.e. C1 cannot read the color tags in it's own xmp sidercar files. And that is the reason, I've made the code to generate the sidecar file a separate library file, which is user editable. Ich you want to get your feet wet, look for a file lib_export_xmp.scpt in the Export to Capture One or Export to DxO package and open it with script editor.

Peter